We are inviting applications to fill our Senior Forest Management Internship. The position is open to students currently enrolled in a natural resources management and environmental science programs.
The work term is May through August (4 month term).
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a broad range of forest projects. Projects planned for 2019 include:
Forest Planning and Stand Assessments
- Strategic assessment of 25-50 year old plantations and second growth stands, including the development of treatment recommendations
- Silvicultural Projects for the enhancement of Forest Productivity
- Forest Inventory
Operations and Silvicultural Obligations
- Road Maintenance
- Mechanical brushing and other silvicultural treatments as needed
- Silvicultural Surveys
- Installation and re-measurement of various research trials and ecological studies
- Assist researchers as needed
Educational Programs and Infrastructure
- Design and layout for various forestry demonstration sites.
- Maintain and upgrade trail system
- Hosting of various tours and educational events
Please view this job description for further details