We are now on Twitter.
We are inviting applications to fill our Senior Forestry Internship. The position is open to students currently enrolled or graduating this year from a natural resources management program (undergraduate or graduate level).
The work term is May 5 through Nov. 28 of 2014 (7 month term).
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a broad range of forest projects. Projects planned for 2014 include:
Forest Planning and Stand Assessments
- Strategic assessment of 25-50 year old plantations and second growth stands, including the development of treatment recommendations
- Silvicultural projects for the enhancement of forest productivity
- Forest inventory
Operations and Silvicultural Obligations
- Road maintenance
- Mechanical brushing and other silvicultural treatments as needed
- Silvicultural surveys and assessments
- Installation and re-measurement of various research trials
- Assist diverse research projects as needed
Educational Programs and Infrastructure
- Design and layout for various forestry demonstration sites.
- Maintain and upgrade trail system
- Hosting of various tours and educational events
Please view this job description for further details